Well, what a boon it was! There I was heading off down the M4 for a weekend of rugby and revelry wondering how I got lucky. A twist of circumstance meant that I had two nights in a plush welsh hotel and tickets to the big Wales/England six nations game at the Millennium stadium. My first ever full rugby international!
But as well pulled into Cardiff, things just got better. The hotel looked out across the bay, had the look of somewhere that people like Pierce Brosnan stay.....and just happened to be the place where the England players were staying too. So there I was having chats in the lift with various players, having the chance to say good luck to Martin Johnson and just being aware that this sort of luck just doesn't come around that often in life!
But the "piece de resistance" was to be found elsewhere. In the spa, to be precise! Let me explain....
Once I had grappled with the massage chairs(!), had my little swim in my new Hawaiian style swim shorts and generally made myself feel virtuous by doing a small amount of exercise, it was time to chill out - or rather warn up - in the jacuzzi. This particular oasis was in fact rather busy, but nonetheless I found myself a little bubbly space, lay down and let the watery feeling ride over me. It was at this point that I started tuning into the various conversations that were going on around me. To my left there were a group of girls talking.....the normal sort of stuff.......but one, in particular, had a recognisable accent. I would venture to have called it "regal". As I looked around I realised that I was in the company of the Queens grand daughter! Well of course, with the international rugby stars, come the partners and wives. With Mr Tindall in residence, Zara was there too!
Well that was that, I decided I had my story for the weekend, I quietly gathered myself and slunk away into the changing rooms.
Forget "The Early Morning Shower", lets play "Who's in the jacuzzi"!!
PG
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment